Recovery for Life - Spring Groups
We invite you to Recovery for Life this spring! Gain new tools, truths and insights while being a part of a grace-filled community of hope and healing. Recovery for Life meets every Thursday evening at 6:45 p.m. in the Christian Life Center (CLC). There is a teaching or testimony on a relevant topic (6:45–7:30 p.m.) followed by small groups (7:30–8:30 p.m.). An optional dinner is served at 6:15 p.m. Childcare is provided from 6–9 p.m.
February 8 | Emotions: Unlocking Growth (Speaker: Dick Blaylock)
February 22 | Understanding Pornography & Sexual Addictions (Speaker: Justin Hughes)
March 8 | Body Image (Speaker: Juleeta Harvey)
May 8 | Forgiveness & Boundaries (Speaker: Charissa Fry)
NEW GROUPS THIS SPRING
- Seven Pillars – A men’s group designed to provide a safe place to process pornography and sexual addictions, build accountability and find healing. Led by Scott Spicer. February 15–November 29.
- Betrayal and Beyond – A women’s group for those in a current or past relationship with someone dealing with a pornography or sexual addiction. Led by Cassie Spicer. February 15–November 29.
- Body Image/Disordered Eating – A women’s group providing support, truth and tools to break the cycle of using food as a coping mechanism. Led by Juleeta Harvey and Kristin Williams, registered dietician. February 15–April 19.
- Silencing Shame – Identify and recognize shame and develop “shame resistance,” so we can choose God's healing over hiding. This six-week course integrates Scripture with authors such as Brené Brown and Curt Thompson. Led by Jan Winebrenner. March 22–April 19.
ADDITIONAL SPRING GROUPS
- Men’s and Women’s Open Share Groups – Ongoing groups providing support, truth and community during struggle, transition or ongoing growth.
- 12 Step Discipleship Groups – Men’s and women’s small groups work through a 12 Step discipleship model. Sign up for new groups as they form!
- Next Step Groups – Practice new ways of doing healthy relationships in a supportive group setting. Applicants must have completed a 12 Step discipleship group. February 15–May 17.