In 1951, fourteen families came together to form a church, with the desire to see their children raised up in the knowledge of the Scriptures. It was a time of depending on the Lord and on each other. It was a time of chartering a new way to do church — focused on the Bible.
An early partnership with Dallas Theological Seminary fostered that rooting. Professors from the seminary helped to fill the pulpit, taught Sunday school classes, and helped create an atmosphere of seriousness in the study of the Scriptures.
Focused on the World
Woven into the fabric of our beginnings is a commitment to the mission of God and the spread of the gospel worldwide. In 1967, Northwest began what we call the Faith Promise, committing by faith each year to give to missions. It continues to be a tool to encourage our missionaries and to foster others to become involved in the worldwide mission of God.
Moving Toward Jesus Christ
During the past 60 years, God has faithfully used Northwest Bible Church to teach His Word, to train future leaders, to take the gospel into the world, and to raise up the next generation for Christ.